UMTOMBOKA TRADITIONAL CEREMONY 2007
Click here for more info:
JOIN US FOR ZAMBIA’S PREMIER CULTURAL FESTIVAL
THE UMUTOMBOKO CEREMONY OF THE LUNDA PEOPLE OF LUAPULA VALLEY FROM 28TH TO 30TH JULY 2007
2006 WAS OUR FIRST YEAR TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT AS A TOUR OPERATOR AND GROUND HANDLER
WE ARE BACK IN MWANSABOMBWE THE LUNDA CAPITAL IN JULY 2007 TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COLOURFUL TRADITIONAL EVENT
FRIDAY, 28TH JULY 2007
We depart Lusaka at 07.00 hours for Kazembe to arrive at about 16.00 hours. With stop-overs at Luapula bridge, Lake Bangweulu and Mansa for site-seeing lunch and refreshments. Arrive at Kazembe and join in the afternoon/evening festivities and celebrations. Transfer to accommodation in Kawambwa for diner and overnight.
SATURDAY, 29TH JULY 2007
Early breakfast, followed by a transfer to the Mwata’s palace to join in the morning rituals and festivities.
At about mid morning transfer to from the palace to Ntumba-Chushi Waterfalls for sightseeing followed by lunch here.
At 13.00 hours depart to the arena for the main event which will last until sun-set. Transfer to the Mwata’s palace or designated area for the evening come together (drinks on cash bar)
At 20.00 hours transfer party to Kawambwa for diner and over night
SUNDAY, 30TH JULY 2007
Early breakfast, continue sight seeing today and travel 2 hours by road to Lumangwe and Kalungwishi Rivers. Time permitting we may visit more than 2 waterfalls – picnic lunch by the waterfalls Return to Kawambwa for over night and accommodation.
MONDAY, 31st AUGUST 2007
Full breakfast, followed by a visit to the Chief’s palace to bid farewell and have pictures with the chief, and proceed back Lusaka with refreshment and stop-overs along the way. Arrive in Lusaka at Central Park at 17.00 hours
END OF SERVICES
COST US $400.00 per person
To Include the following
- Return road transfers in a 60 seater coach (Marcopolo Scania coach or equivalent) from Lusaka to Kazambe return and we will use the same coach for excursions
- 3 nights accommodation in up market local guest houses with clean rooms, cold and hot showers on shared basis. Single occupancy will be charged at 30% of the above quoted rates.
- All meals such as all breakfast, lunches, diners and snacks in between meals.
- Sight seeing tours en-route and in the area and access fees
- Prime sitting spots during the main event, entry to the chiefs palace and a chance to meet the chief, have a chat with him and take picture with him.
- The trip will be guided and led by Mr Nickson Chilangwa
Will not include
- All beverages except water
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Tips and Presents for the Royal Establishment
BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT OR TALK WITH NICKSON.
YOU CAN TAKE THIS TRIP AS AN ADD –ON TO YOUR VISIT TO OTHER AREAS OF ZAMBIA OR SOUTHERN AFRICA
THE ZAMBIAN SAFARI
BOX 30093 LUSAKA
TEL 231450/228682/3 FAX 222906/224915
Cell 096 764433 – Nickson Chilangwa
IATA No. 67-2 3216 3